Health to wear, strength to tear, money to buy more

I'm a little late with this post. I did actually investigate gaming when I was supposed to but it was all go that week so I'm only getting round to this now. I'm not a big gamer as it is although I like what I like. I'm very much a building-blocks or driving-on-a-track sort of gamer, maybe with a bit of shooting thrown in BUT there's none of your fancy stuff. I love tetris or germ-buster but I don't have to throw a stone to far to hit someone who LOVES Championship Manager (and the like) or complicated killing games. I suppose we're all different and there is something for all of us (I was "entertained" for about 20 minutes while a niece groomed, walked and fed her virtual dog).

I don't know however what the usefulness of gaming is in a LIS educational context unless the information skills are used as part of a game to learn more about a certain topic (history, finance...). There isn't really a reward if a game is purely to teach you information skills - unless finding a really trustworthy, quality source is reward enough for you (and sometimes I know it is).

Comments

Popular Posts