Like father, like son, like lampshade

At long last - social networking. I used to talk about things like facebook in terms of my working in an "information services" capacity. But then everyone and their father (well, my father) started. I had quite enjoyed exploring it in a professional (AHEM) way but now it's just another way for me to get into trouble for not keeping in touch with people.

I gave bebo a go because I've a sister in Australia and she was postin pictures of her travels to all her friends. 3 years ago, when I was 3 years younger, I was still too old for it. To me MySpace = bebo so I didn't go down that route either. I tried facebook because of work - people here were using it, it was coming up at conferences... I liked it. I had a handful of "friends", I saw their pictures, like was simple. Flash forward 2.5 years, there's a school reunion coming upon the 15th! There's already been 2 college reunions, I have friend requests from people I've never heard of. I only go on now to un-tag myself in photos so the world can't see. There's nowhere to hide.

Comments

Popular Posts