Gone for a ball of chalk

I like the theory of wikis. It's the rest of it that I don't know about. It's very altruistic altogether that we would all share knowledge, responsibly. I know that it can be abused (remember the wikipedia incident of 2007 reporting werewolves in Swinford? It still comes up on the description if you google it) but that's the same with anything involving the biggest messers this world has ever known - people. It's a bit like blogs. When everyone is given an opportunity to talk sometimes the truth gets lost in the rush to be heard.

The other, more pressing thing (and probably why I am questioning wikis) is that the wiki product (wikidot) that I chose to use to try to set up a wiki has been melting my head. maybe if I spend a bit more time and see it coming together I'll start to love it.

Comments

Popular Posts